Wednesday 20 March 2013

The Shadow Riders Australia Visit Dubbo

Well I've been a busy little bee in the last couple of weeks, and I've sadly neglected my blog and my blogging friends.

Last weekend we had people from all over Australia visiting our little outback town, and it was awesome (I have used that word way too much this week but it's the best I can come up with).

There were 23 members visiting over the weekend from 5 different states. Some from Victoria and Queensland, a few of us from New South Wales, even one from Tasmania and one from Western Australia. This is the first time the group has gotten together like this, they ride together in their own states but most of them have never met anyone from anywhere else in Australia. It's all about the forums.

So this is the brain child of a couple of the guys who have been with the Shadow Riders Australia (SRA) since the start in 2009 who went to our illustrious leader, Rusty, and suggested the idea might work in Dubbo. Rusty then started putting the plan together and ta daaa last weekend it became a reality.

What a great weekend!!

I got to drool over all sorts of shadows, and ride with a bunch of awesome people (told you I was using that word too much).


Well I guess I'll just leave this post here because I'm still on such a high .. then I'm dropping to lows every now and then .. I'm pretty tired actually and I can't think straight. I have a whole series of posts planned but to tell the truth I don't have the energy to put them together just now. Keep an eye out though cause it was an exciting weekend and I have heaps to share :)



14 comments:

  1. Dubbo has been invaded by bikies. C'mon we wanna see more brenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yep it has and they loved it!!

      Yep ... more coming I promise :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ta Ally, I'm feeling much more rested today .. in the mood for a serious writing effort!!

      Delete
  3. Brenda:

    I am sure you did a great job of guiding the group. It's fun to actually meet people from the forums. It's like you have always known each other. There will be a different dynamic now between your discussions as you can place a face with a name

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about a great job, but more bout that in a post to come. Loved meeting the people from the forum, you're right it's like you know them already but the dynamics of the conversations on the forums has changed ... as long as I remember who's who ... I still reckon we needed name tags ;D

      Delete
  4. I am glad you had so much fun with the riders. Looking forward to more details.

    And sometimes you just need to use the word awesome when no others will do. Except maybe "fricken awesome".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy :)

      Fricken .. oh that's a great adjective!!

      Delete
  5. Brenda - glad you are having a gas! Nothing wrong with using the word awesome! Fantabulous might be another one you might want to slide in there :) Looking forward to seeing more posts! PS Go ahead and share the bike blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TA Dar :)

      Ahh fantabulous works well .. Fantastic and fabulous just aren't quite there but fantabulous .. say's it all really :D

      P.S. I'm going to post that blessing on the SRA forums, thanks :)

      Delete
  6. I am with Steve....I would like to see the pics of Dubbo invaded!.. Sounds like a fantastic weekend with great like minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! When I went to reply to your latest post I realized I was quite a few behind...life does that sometimes eh?

    Looking forward to reading the rest and that picture with all the Shadows is impressive - that's quite the line-up - no wonder you were tired with this first post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh well done noticing Suzu, I often miss posts from people and have to play catch up.

    It was a line up, looked very impressive in real life too!!

    ReplyDelete